Thursday 1 March 2007

Friday 13th October

Dave’s birthday. Baz takes me, Sharon and Dave to E M Airport for around 2pm. Flight not until 4.30. He drops us off quickly and takes Sharon back home. We check in and find the flight has been delayed 1½ hours. Going through depart/check in I discover I have a penknife in my coat pocket which I had completely forgotten about, Oh dear! I put it in bin, before metal detector found it. We had to take our shoes off going through security and still I bleeped. I was frisked and checked again. It may have been a belt buckle, I think he gave up in the end. We waited around and had some tea and coffee. Handed in a fiver to pay and got change for a tenner, not bad.

Boarded the plane at 5.30pm. Lovely flight, just like being on a bus; just more people and no scenery as such to look at.

Got to Belfast 6.30 – 6.45pm, picked bags up and made our way to find bus to take us to our overnight accommodation in Belfast. City Hall bus stop, the N° 20 would drop us off at the corner of Bathgate where there was a shop/off licence. It was dark by now (8 pm) A few doors down we were met by Mary who had seen us through the bay window. Dave introduced me to Mary and Charlotte, nice girls/women. Had a quick chat and went out again to get a pizza. Our room was in the converted attic, very nice. The whole house quite atmospheric and was built around 1901 I think. The room had a double bed, 2 fireplaces, 2 settees and 1 large table. We agreed Dave would sleep on settee and I on bed. We watched TV up in attic for a while whilst eating then came down and chatted to Mary & Charlotte till 12pm and went to bed. Slept no different from at home really, traffic noise dogs barking (they have 2 dogs) no different to home.

No comments: