Thursday 1 March 2007

Tuesday 17th October







Got up at 7.30am hoping to go to Harry’s for breakfast but found he doesn’t open till 9am. Dave’s off on his trip to the Mournes today. His bus leaves at 9.55am and goes straight to Belfast where he gets another bus to take him south just over the border.
Went to Harry’s at 9am. I had chocolate and Dave had soda bread & egg. We got to the bus stop at 9.30am but Dave had to dash back to the Tower for a pee and just made it back in time for the bus at 9.55am. I went back to Tower for a cup of tea before walking to the tourist information where I had a long chat with the person working there. She told me she’d heard Bob Hume was an artist and poet. Had lunch at ‘Arthurs’ and did a little shopping at Mace. Later I went to the Celtic Craft Shop and at about 3pm I went to library to photocopy 2 rough sketches I had made. Spent the evening at the Tower in front of a nice open fire, reading and nursing my cold.

No comments: